As a Refractory Slide Gate Supplier, we have the following recommendations for the use of slag ball:
1. How to determine the time and position of the slag ball?
When tapping to 3/4, the slag ball is dropped from the tapping point 500mm above the tapping surface with a special device, and the slag blocking effect is the best.
2. How is the use of Slag Stopping Ball evaluated?
The effect of the slag ball can be evaluated by observing the shape of the steel slag. When the slag blocking effect is good, the tap steel should flow down in a ring shape. In addition, it can also be judged by the color of the slag.
3. How to evaluate the performance of Slag Stopping Ball after use?
The effect of the Slag Stopping Ball can be assessed by the thickness of the slag layer in the ladle and the alloy yield. The thickness of the slag layer is small, the alloy yield is high, and the slag blocking effect is good.
4. What is the role of the groove on the Slag Stopping Ball? How to calculate?
The effect of the groove on the Slag Stopping Ball is that the slag ball facilitates the outflow of molten steel during the slag blocking process.
The formula for calculating the groove volume is: V1 = area of the groove * slot length = πr2 / 2 * L
5. What data needs to be recorded in the field test?
The data to be recorded in the field test are: tapping temperature, slag ball use time, slag layer thickness, alloy yield and so on.